These are funny guidelines and rules my husband and kids and I put together. We have family gatherings of 50 or more so we have guidelines, rules to live by that just help a family gathering go smooth. These are helpful and sometimes funny...read them with a happy heart.
1. Thou shalt be Thankful. Be grateful for what you have, give thanks for it.
2. Do not alter or goof up an already good family recipe.
3. If you can't say anything pleasant put a cranberry in your mouth.
4. Opinions are like stuffing, realize after a mouthful you are sick of it!
5. You do not need to solve all the family problems, or argue about them at a family gathering. FAMILY PROBLEMS SHOULD GO HOME WITH THE LEFTOVERS!
6. Politics and religious views are only fair game AFTER you bless the food.
7. Thou shalt Say one kind thing to each person that is there.
8. Thou shalt not kill excessive talkers-The restroom is always a great escape from the worst family talkers.
9. Thou shalt not take out more plates of food than you brought...
10.Whatever you do....Thou shalt not burn the turkey!