April 15, 2014

Happy Days..Loving Creating...and Blogging


Happy Easter, Happy Spring!

Since I started blogging in 2008 I have looked at thousands of blogs...
Women who are amazing at everything you could think of.
I kept thinking...I know how to sew....


But I wished I could decorate, own a business, a vintage shop, or maybe design jewelry....no?
I just keep thinking...all I know how to do is sew! 

Hahaha...sewing seemed a bit boring when looking at blogs where the women seem to have entire staffs helping them 
paint, wallpaper, 
spray paint, beadboard their walls....
and create delicious meals while 
posting on their blogs daily!


I love making little quilts, throws. different bedding sets. 
All of them for dolls of every size. I decided that I love to sew and I wanted to open an Etsy shop and just try my hand at the Etsy business. 
Etsy has an online handbook how to do everything so why not!

Blogging has led me to meet several wonderful people...which encouraged me to step out in faith so to speak and do something I just love...
if they could do it, surely I could try!

So  little by little I started a business... and I am now sewing doll bedding, making miniatures, creating little things...https://www.etsy.com/shop/RibbonwoodCottage
And I am loving it.
I create doll bedding, little quilts and sheet sets.
I do custom orders for people who want me to use the fabric their designer used when decorating their little girl's room, and make doll bedding to match!
My favorite is to use vintage fabrics, sheets, laces...etc....
Floral and cottage style fabrics make the sweetest little patchwork quilts.
 Blythe dolls have quite a following....they love comfy bedding too!


I've made doll bedding for people all around the world, and they send me pictures of their dolls sleeping on the bedding. One gal from Australia sent me a picture of her CATS sleeping on the French inspired linen comforters I created with pillows and shams....yes it was for them!

 I get inspired by looking at vintage bedding, Pottery Barn bedding, Pinterest decorating boards-Bedrooms, blogs.

 American Girl Dolls Bedding....I get new ideas every day. I told my husband I needed some staff...you know to get the housework and bills done. Mr. Farmer just rolled his eyes...so I did the dishes anyway! hahahaha


I am also taking care of my little 86 year old mother, so I needed to quit my job and be home. 

All I could think of was...
I know how to sew....
so I started sewing.

I had an offer from a doll company to create for them and they would sell my doll bedding...which was exciting...but they wanted rights to all of MY DESIGNS...
So I graciously said no.
We will see where this next year leads.
But I feel like I am on to something.
***********************

In the next few weeks I am going to start sharing some of my Etsy ideas...and things I do that helped me and maybe can help someone too.
Stay tuned!

Blessings!
Debbie

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Your doll bedding is simply amazing. Keep doing it...you will be on TV soon!!

20 North Ora said...

Hi Debbie - Your miniature items are great! I'm getting ready to start working on my dollhouse and the little things really catch my eye. I am new to your blog and am your newest follower.

Judy

OSr Group said...

Looks Beautiful . Thank you for sharing that post with us.
Flush door Manufacturer in India, Veneer Manufacturer in India

Pin It button on image hover