December 20, 2013

Christmas-Vintage Farm Decor and Quilts

Hello everyone! 
With chillier nights, cool winds blowing, icy temperatures....it is time to pull out the quilts. Vintage quilts!
The chair to the side of the bed belonged to my hubby's grandmother, while the red and white poinsettia quilt was handmade and hand appliquéd by my grandmother Clarcie in Illinois.
What a treasure!
 It is faded, and worn, and filled with love. It is also red! My favorite happy color!
The pillow in the front is made from an old fashioned runner that has hand made crocheted lace on it. One can never have too many pillows....stack them, layer them, lean on them, sleep on them, decorate with them...
while sleeping soundly....maybe even drool on them...hahaha
Felt pillows at the foot of the bed were made by me. My pattern.
Both my husband and I are fortunate to have family heirlooms...quilts, hand painted china, furniture, all from the generations before us.
I love it!
Woodland themed Christmas from last year...





I printed out a Christmas saying, decoupaged it to a canvas, glued on a cross from Hobby Lobby and hung it from my mirror behind my Nativity scene.



 Guest bedroom.....


 Below is my armoire since high school, with my daughter's wedding bouquet (dried) and her sparkly wedding shoes...

Our middle son recently moved into this room....he kindly asked if we could take the foofy curtains and lights down....
boohoo...and the shoes and bouquet are gone...
and the pretty pillows...
well and the candles too...
he replaced my decorating with cords, power strips, computers, iPads....
the door just stays shut now...
waaaaah....
onward and upward... 





 Hot cocoa station that we do every year. Our kids love to come over and make hot coffee, 
hot cocoa...
they also love to make a mess! hahaha













Have a blessed weekend!
Debbie
Joining in with

7 comments:

Melissa Miller said...

Gorgeous home and decorating! Merry Christmas!

One Shabby Old House said...

I have a few of my Granny's quilts and they are a treasure to me. Yours are fabulous.

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

I just adore your happy Christmas home! Merry Christmas Debbie and blessings to you and your precious family! xoxoxo, Andrea

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh just a Christmas card. I love your home.

Beverly said...

Everything looks magical, Debbie. I hope you will link this with us for Pink Saturday.

Also, the e-mail address I have for you no longer works. Please send me an e-mail address to use.

windypointminiaturesblogspot.com said...

Your photos are always just picture perfect...beautiful, inspiring and right out of a magazine. My great, great grandmother was also from Illinois and my family ended up here in western Canada. Perhaps somewhere back in time our families had somehow crossed paths. I also have a few things that belonged to her; you inspire me to make those few mementos a part of my home.

Merry Christmas Debbie and wishing you all the best for a healthy, prosperous and joyful 2014.

Jennifer

Jerry E Beuterbaugh said...

I hope you-all had a very Merry Christmas!

Pin It button on image hover