December 20, 2012

Christmas will be different this year...

Our Christmas already is different….

We lost my father and my hubby’s father 

within 3 1/2 weeks of each other this year. 



I have found that things have happened 

simultaneously this 

year....

good along with the heartbreaking.



My father was an amazing man of God....gave 

me a strong foundation...that is a good thing. 

He is gone this Christmas....

So I decided....

that this Christmas I want to be the 

strong foundation....

along with my husband...

for our family.

Showing our kids and their spouses....rough 

times come....but what is deep within is what 

helps us navigate this life well.


*****************
That something

deep within...

for me is

the Christ in Christmas....

****************

Christmas will be different...many have lost 


little loved ones 

recently....



For me personally....

I have decided 

to be kinder

more patient

gracious (while waiting in line for the next 

cashier)

use a softer tone when speaking to 

people...including my husband...

and be loving regardless of my inner sadness at 

my loss...

just be loving....daily....

**********************************


Our children will all be home from college and 

out of state 


and for that I thank God,

thanking Him for the blessings of our family 

being home for 


Christmas.

Glad that I can kiss my children,
kiss my family,
kiss my hubby,
I am grateful this Christmas....
Do you feel the same?
***********************
Blessings and merry Christmas,


Debbie

2 comments:

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Sorry you had such a tough year! It ended sadly for the whole country, but there is a lot more good than bad in the world and for that we have to be thankful!

Carol

GardenofDaisies said...

I know what you mean about realizing that we are now the generation that others look to. Kinder, more loving, more patient... I like those goals. Wishing you a very happy Christmas.

Pin It button on image hover