November 14, 2012

Not Rushing the Thankful Part....

Hello everyone!
We are in full fledge fall here.
I'm not decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving.
How about you?
************************
We have 51 people coming for Thanksgiving
...and we are going to enjoy
that holiday before we enjoy the next one.
I'm cleaning house, the patio, the porch, the driveway...which is very long on our farm.
 I am loving fall mums...can't seem to have enough of them. And they grow back every year!
 The Vintage bathtub is overflowing with mums and fall flowers.
 Our lives have gotten much busier with the cows.  My husband added one more last week.  They are producing enough milk to make Eggnog until December 2013!
 For the record...I do NOT MILK THE COWS. I have in the past....but I don't any more...

 Look closely below...here is an escapee...actually there are two in the photo below. Do you see them?




 I want to enjoy being thankful...for all God has blessed us with...
and I don't want to rush the "Thanking" part. 
****************
 I enjoy the process, the cooking, preparing, getting ready....I'm grateful for our family

We have lost a few precious family members this year...I'm really going to focus on the ones we have with us...make sure they enjoy every moment while they are at our house!
Please say a prayer for my sweet mom...she is in the hospital and we are hoping to bring her home before Thanksgiving!
Thank you.
Blessings,
Debbie

5 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

You said it, girl! I am NOT rushing Thanksgiving this year either. I have SO much to be thankful for and that's what it's all about.

I love your pictures and how everything is still blooming like crazy around your house. And I truly hope and pray your mother gets better and can be home for the holiday!

XO,
Jane

priscilla said...

Beautiful photos ! Hope your Mom gets better soon ! :)

bettyj said...

Beautiful fall pictures. 51!!!! We are having 35 and I thought that was a lot. Prayers for your Mom.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

51 people!!! Oh my, I hope they're bringing food!

Everything looks so beautiful!

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

This is so beautiful. I just love the way you decorate and those darling little chicks.

Pin It button on image hover