November 8, 2012

Newly remodeled Farmhouse Kitchen Tour

Welcome to our Farmhouse Kitchen!  We did some remodeling this summer after our daughter got married.
I told my husband I needed a big project to keep me busy after the wedding....as if that wasn't big enough... I did need to throw myself into something though and this was it.
First all the cabinets were painted a light milky cream, then stained a bit to add the distressed look.
The island was painted black along with our mismatched bar stools.
Above our refrigerator I have some of my vintage stove collection. I love them.
We put in a new floor, it was a barn wood style...
 My counter always has a real basket of eggs on it...daily....we live on a chicken ranch and I am forever washing eggs before they are put in a carton.  
***************************
The basket goes in the sink with soapy water, then they are rinsed and left to dry for a few minutes. After they dry we put them in cartons, save some and sell most of the rest of them.
We get hundreds of eggs a day.
 The refrigerator has a lot of eggs and milk in it. We recently got some new cows and one of them is a milk cow....
**************
The pink (hand painted china) dishes above the sink are pink, most of the kitchen has red in it, but the dishes were painted by my husband's grandmother so they are front and center in our kitchen.
 The pantry is to the left....
 Below my aprons is an old wash basket that stores potatoes and onions and other veggies....

  Near the pantry is this old hutch. We bought this dirt cheap, the owner had it on the porch and there was some water damage to it....but it painted up nice and now stores silverware and some kitchen linens.
 My pot and dish scrubber has its home in the little galvanized tub by the sink.
 This is my favorite part of the kitchen...the coffee station...my go-to place for a bit of happiness during the day!

 I adore vintage rolling pins of all shapes and sizes, and cutting boards.   I need a bigger basket though to store them...I seem to have a few more than what is pictured here.

 On the other side of the kitchen is our dining room.
 Our vintage hoosier, this was a gift to me from my husband years ago.  The round mirror is also a vintage mirror from my husband's grandmother. Gotta love a farmer who loves vintage kitchen hutches...
I seem to have a few!

 Well I'm glad you were able to come by for a visit and see our newly remodeled kitchen! Have a blessed weekend.
Joining in with
Debra @ Common Ground
Creative Friday with
Jennifer @ http://www.jenniferrizzo.com


15 comments:

GardenofDaisies said...

What a wonderfully warm and welcoming kitchen you have. I love the little stove collection above your refrigerator and the hand painted plates from Grandma.

sissie said...

Hi Debbie,
I can't say enough about your beautiful, warm and cozy kitchen....it's drop dead gorgeous.
I love all of your special details and furnishings..it has so much character. It must be wonderful living on a farm.

hugs
Sissie

The Dragonfly On Iron Gate said...

good lord this is cute as a button! every little thing is perfect. you so got this right. makes me want to just sit and have some coffee with you ! thanks for sharing, happy fall, Jules ~

Ralaine: A Work in Progression! said...

Wish I was there to enjoy some coffee and conversation with you. Everything looks so lovely. I think you do well with distractions, don't you? Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

Marie said...

Love it all! So pretty!

dee dee said...

Lovely! Your kitchen looks so charming! A perfect place to whip up a pie, settle in for a cup of tea on a chilly day or spend time with close friends! Excellent job!
dee dee

Sharing Shadymont said...

I love, love, love your kitchen. It's beautiful. You did a fabulous job!

Junkchiccottage said...

Oh my goodness love it all. Great job. It is fantastic. I have a farmhouse kitchen too and love all your great ideas. Thanks for sharing.
Kris

priscilla said...

Love your kitchen and dining room ! I want to come and steal some of your chickens and roosters ( decorative ones :) !! Have a great weekend !

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

It's just gorgeous! You have my dream fridge! Great job!

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

It looks gorgeous Debbie! How I envy that wonderful, big farmhouse kitchen :) I always love to see your vignettes! What a great redo!
xo, Andrea

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Debbie, Thanks for sharing your pretty kitchen at the Open House party...gorgeous!

Shirley said...

Hi Debbie,
Your redo is lovely! Funny how we need to fill our days after changes in our lives occur. I loved looking at your sweet mementos, I too am so sentimental. Everything looks wonderful. I love all of your hutches and lovely things.
If you get the chance pop over to my blog and see my kitchen makeover, we have similar taste. Mine was done with cream distressed cabinets also and I too did a two toned design with near black.
Http://organizethings.blogspot.com
Happy decorating, hugs Shirley

Ryann Hoyer said...

Though it's a bit late, let me congratulate you and your daughter for a wonderful new kitchen, Debbie. It actually looks organized despite the number of stuff there. I really like the classy vintage theme you chose for your kitchen too.

Ryann Hoyer @Yancey Company

Stacey said...

Oh I just love your kitchen! It is so pretty with all the colors and wonderful accessories. It is also functional though...I'm so jealous of that refrigerator!

Pin It button on image hover