March 20, 2012

Snow and wedding dresses


SPRING BREAK? Our littlle poopsie came home yesterday to this. She brought home summer clothes, bathing suits for the beach, and suntan lotion.  I said "where are your real shoes?"
We had a foot of snow over the weekend....
We live 30-40 minutes up the mountains from Palm Springs
but you would never know it.

 I'm not allowed to show more, but we did find the wedding dress! (Thank goodness....)
We took dad and the grandma's along and it was a wonderful day....nothing like the stressful wedding shows she had us watching...in preparation. Hahaha...dad was emotional, I was too...she looked so pretty. In fact the only stress was which dress? They were all beautiful on her...
I kept seeing a toddler (in my mind) in the dress, the little girl that used to sit on my lap, and give me kisses each morning. But she has turned into this lovely young woman, and this mama is very proud.
and my precious mother in law.

Here she is with my sweet mama.  Very precious day.
blessings,
Debbie

7 comments:

Connie said...

Hi Debbie, Congratulations on the wedding . . . looks like you'll be having a busy year. I've just scrolled down some of your past posts and talk about thinking outside the box. I love your pallets and shutters project and your pallet patio shelf. You truly have a talent for green living. "Waste not want not", that's what Ben Franklin said. P.S. thank you for becoming a follower and joining my journey. Your devoted fan and follower, Connie

~Sara said...

Oh the sweet memories you will have. Both of my daughters are married and I look back and the preparations and everything that goes with it was such an emotional busy time. I look back now and it all seems like a flash. One daughter was married in June and the next was married the next May. Just a blink. Cherish all of the steps along the way., Blessings ~Sara

Gail said...

Oh Debbie, I can so relate to how you are feeling. I was planning a wedding this time last year for my baby! I shed a many of tears and I still do! She now resides in another state with her military husband so I don't get to see her as much but I do talk to her every day!

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Oh Debbie...Snow!! What a great day and how wonderful that grandmas got to be there! I am going to be the mother of the groom this fall, we don't get to go wedding dress shopping, but I am taking my son suit shopping...So wish I had a girl!!

Carol

Vicki said...

I've been here before! I recognize that gorgeous header. Glad to stop by again. What fun you are going to have planning a wedding this year. Enjoy every minute. Can't believe it snowed there.

Gretchen said...

Debbie, Your daughter is so beautiful she would look great in a feed sack! Don't tell her I said that but I know she will be a beautiful bride like her Mom.

Hugs, Gretchen
birdnestcottage.net

kitchen design said...

Hello
Thanks for posting! I really like what you've acquired here; You should keep it up forever! Best of luck
Thank you!

Pin It button on image hover