January 15, 2012

Love script-Valentine DIY Picture



I have been busy!  It has been slow hard work, but I have been cleaning out closets, drawers, cabinets,  shelves...you name it. As I said before in an earlier post, watching The Hoarder's show sent chills down my spine. Trash bags have been loaded up and removed from the house...and I'm still going strong.  You know I had a thought....on the Hoarder show they showed a mess every where in every room, closet, garage and it was awful.  But this terrible thought hit me...what if you are a clean hoarder? Yikes....no mess...but too much stuff in every room, closet, and garage or shed.  Wow. What do you think?



 To take my mind off of inward turmoil...I'm laughing but maybe crying...I did a Valentine craft on God's love.   My father who is almost 90 memorized over 7000 scriptures in his lifetime and yes he has a photographic memory! He has a wonderful memory when it comes to funny jokes as well.  
There are tons of scriptures in the Bible on love and I liked the idea of listing them one by one with a pretty font, printing them out on colored paper and doing something for Valentine's day with them. 


 The scriptures are below if you want to copy and paste them onto a word file of your own. I did try to load the actual document so you could click and save but blogger kept saying error! Big frown!
 I found the font on Picnik.com.  
Then I enlarged the letters for love...cut them out and inked the edges before gluing them on top of the scriptures.







Because your lovingkindness is better than life. Psalm 63:3  To declare Your lovingkindness in the morning and Your faithfulness every night.  Psalm 92:2
Yes I have loved you with an everlasting love;, therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Jeremiah 31:3  The Lord preserves all who love Him…and is near to all who call  on Him.  Psalm 146:20, 18   But love covers all wrongdoing. Proverbs 10:12  To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven…A time to love.   Ecclesiastes 3:1, 8  These things I have spoken to you,
That  My joy may  remain   in you, and that your joy may be  full.  This is My commandment that you love one another as I have loved you.  Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends.  John 15: 11,12, 13  Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us…But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.  Romans 5:5, 8    Let love be without hypocrisy, cling to what is good…be kindly affectionate to everyone with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another…Romans 12:9, 10  Love one another Romans 13:8 LOVE does not do any harm Romans 13: 10  Love suffers long and is KIND; love does not envy, love does not parade itself, and is not puffed up, does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil.  Love bears all   things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all   things.  LOVE NEVER FAILS I CORINTHIANS 13 



 L   O   V   E
The picture below will be for sale in my Etsy shop tonite. YOu can click on the side bar to the right where it shows my Etsy shop.  This one has sort of a wedding feel with lace, ribbon, little pearls, and  pink and gray. Love it.
 Joining in with Susan @ http://betweennapsontheporch.blogspot.com/  and
http://craftomaniac.blogspot.com/



Have a 
blessed day!
Deb

8 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Love the Bible verse one....I would like to try that...but I am not quite sure how....the font issue....but it is pretty...good job!

Okio B Designs said...

This is so beautiful! The color, the lettering - everything! Coming over from Between Naps on the Porch - thought I was already a follower but I just realized I was following you on Pinterest but not your blog. =( Now I'm happily doing both!

Jeanine

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your little muffin pan with the m&m's in it. I have a little one too and may have to steal your idea.

Debbie Kay said...

I absolutely love it Deb. You are so creative. I can relate to your trying to keep things neat & tidy, I tend to be one of those "clean hoarders" but God is working on me. I took 3 large bags to the this weekend and have no regrets.

Smiles my friend,

Debbie

Tam said...

This is absolutely beautiful! Great job!

Karah @ thespacebetweenblog said...

Wow, so impressive that you father has memorized so many scriptures! Your art came out so great. Have you had a chance to check out our little Challenge? It's not too late to join. My project update post just went up. http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/16/word-of-the-year-and-i-might-be-screwed-just-once-a-gallery-wall-experiment-update/

I am your newest follower!

~Sara said...

I always like to visit, but today I LOVE this post! I am going to borrow the idea. Thank you so much, it is awesome. Wishing you a blessed week. Sara

Andrea at Opulent Cottage said...

Debbie, you are NOT a hoarder! Me either, haha, well maybe just a little :) We cleaned and purged and reorganized nonstop for the last 5 days while Abby was off from school. Girl, you have never seen so many bags of stuff, those teens are the ones who can really hoard!! It's all piled a mile high in the dining room and leaving me wondering where exactly she had stuffed it all! Goodwill will be so happy to see us coming, lol, they are gonna make a fortune off of all of this. Love your sweet project, you are such a creative inspiration. Have a great week!
xo, Andrea

Pin It button on image hover